To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above and below are representative of the knowledge, skill, experience, and/or ability needed to perform this position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrated application of knowledge, principles and practices of risk management, including risk identification/reduction, loss control, asset protection, employee safety, Auto and General Liability and Workers’ Compensation, and other insurance programs
- Successful history of claims administration and/or analyses, including the management of TPA’s
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with partially self-insured Workers’ Compensation and General Liability programs
- Experience in evaluating insurance programs and setting appropriate levels of coverage
- Demonstrated application of statistical methods and analyses
- Experience in preparing and monitoring Risk Management budgets
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, particularly in Excel with claims database experience
- Demonstrated history of leadership, including mentoring staff and/or co-workers, prior supervisory experience
- Strong critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Track record of maintaining confidentiality and the highest level of integrity in all aspects of the job for self and staff
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate successfully across functional lines and at all levels
- Demonstrated importance of safety in the workplace, such as following safety rules, practicing safe work habits, utilizing appropriate safety equipment, and reporting unsafe conditions
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills both orally and in writing and the ability to make presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals and instructions in written, oral, or schedule form
EDUCATION AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in a related field from a four-year college or university. Five years of experience as a Risk Manager or Senior Risk Management position
- Associate in of Risk Management (ARM) desirable
- An acceptable background check to include a local and state criminal history check and a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
Upon Request, a Driving Record printout is required with application (must be current within the 30 days of the printout).
Salary Range: $117,199 - $137,709 (Depending on Qualifications)
Apply online at www.ridelbt.com/careers Online applications must include past work history and be fully completed to be considered. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a complete online application.
Candidate must be eligible to work in the United States. Long Beach Transit does not sponsor H-1B or other related work visas. COVID-19 Vaccine Required.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Successful candidate must pass agency physical, drug and alcohol examinations.
Long Beach Transit, 1963 E. Anaheim St., Long Beach, CA 90813
This job description is not intended to be a complete listing of all the job duties required of this position, but to provide information on the general scope of the position.