- Must be 21 years or older with a California Driver’s License (at least two years with CA driver’s license)
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred, but not required
- Excellent driving record
- Ability to upgrade to Class B driver’s license with a passenger endorsement and air breaks certification, with no restrictions of the weight of the vehicle
- Availability to work varying shifts, hours, days, and locations
ATTRIBUTES AND SKILL SETS:
- Must be able to read, write and speak English well enough to sufficiently perform all essential functions and duties of the Bus Operator
- Embraces inclusion and diversity
- Strong work ethic with ability to multi-task
- Ability to interact with customers in a professional and courteous manner at all times
- Ability to exercise good judgement in a variety of situations
- Self-motivated, punctual, strong desire and passion to help people
- Commitment to continuous improvement
- Consider “Customer first” in Decision Making
- Be Open to New Ideas and Continuous Improvement
- Operate with Integrity
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- At least one year of experience involving public contact
- 2-3 years of customer service experience
Valid CA Class C license required with excellent driving record
Other Job Benefits include:
- Paid training at $15.00 per hour
- Starting rate after training $16.35 per hour with annual raises with a top pay rate of $29.73 per hour
- Full-time positions. Guaranteed 40-hour workweek
- Paid vacation, sick leave and holidays
- Company medical, dental and vision plan for you and your family available
- Company pension plan
- Company paid Life Insurance and employee assistance program
- Uniform allowance
- Modern and clean employee facilities, including a recreation room, gym and lounge
Apply online at www.ridelbt.com/careers Online applications must include past work history and be fully completed to be considered. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a complete online application.
Candidate must be eligible to work in the United States. Long Beach Transit does not sponsor H-1B or other related work visas.
Submit resume. APPLY ONLINE, (DMV K4) printout within 30 Days UPON REQUEST).
Equal Opportunity Employer
Successful candidate must pass agency physical, drug and alcohol examinations.
Long Beach Transit, 1963 E. Anaheim St., Long Beach, CA 90813
This job description is not intended to be a complete listing of all the job duties required of this position, but to provide information on the general scope of the position.