- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with ability to communicate complex technical issues to non-technical users
- Ability to present technology issues in a clear, concise and understandable manner
- Understand, maintain, and create thorough technical documentation.
- Assess customer needs, set priorities and allocate resources to most effectively meet needs in a timely fashion.
- Interpersonal skills; able to deal effectively with diverse skill sets and personalities, and work effectively as a team player.
- Highly organized with a proven ability to prioritize workload, meet deadlines, manage several broad-scope projects at one time, and utilize time effectively for staff and extended team.
- Executes all job responsibilities and assignments promptly, reliably, honestly, and ethically
- Proven ability to work as part of team, also being self-directed and motivated
- Advanced communication skills and ability to influence, persuade, and negotiate
- Fine-tuned troubleshooting skills
- Have a good understanding of cloud technology (AWS, Azure, and cloud applications)
- Have very good understanding of WAN connectivity to remote sites as well at cloud VPN's.
- Designs, implements, and upgrades complex network architecture to accommodate growing communication requirements.
- Receives, prioritizes, assigns, and/or responds to incoming work orders, calls and/or emails regarding network and helpdesk requests.
- Plans, manages, and oversees the daily functions, operations, and activities of the network including checking backups, SAN devices and Windows servers’ logs for issues.
- Provides mentoring and technical training to Network Administrators on new hardware and software.
- Monitor network environment for anomalies and errors, reporting and escalation of issues.
- Provide the required daily support, maintenance, and management of the platforms.
- Provide Level II/III network support and repair, as well as escalation to the Management Team.
- Provide 24x7 On-call Escalation Support (rotation-based / full week support)
- Author internal documentation, such as environment diagrams, installation/configuration and release notes
- Troubleshoot and debug problems found in the production and non-production environments.
- Design and validate the hardware layer sustaining corporate solutions, based on resiliency and performance expectations
- Build and maintain tools for automation, integration, deployment, backup, monitoring and operations, allowing for a sub-linear scale-up of our activities.
- Assist in managing the corporate systems in a racked data center environment
- Monitor and troubleshoot any problems within the network.
- Create network plans, document the existing network, and communicate with business partners to establish connectivity.
- Negotiate with technical solution providers and vendors to provide recommendations on equipment purchases and upgrades to the existing network infrastructure.
- Help ensure that the organization’s network infrastructure complies with NIST Cyber Security Framework.
- Perform other duties as needed.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- Applicable network engineering certifications preferred, CCNP or CCDP required, CCIE preferred
- 7+ years’ experience with Cisco Routers
- 7+ years’ experience with Cisco and Extreme/Brocade Switches
- 7+ years’ experience with Cisco VoIP IP Telephony / VoIP
- Familiar with Internet and Websense.
- Experience with high speed WAN connections (10Gig, 100gig)
- Must have a good understanding of fiber optic network electronics.
- Must have a good understanding of wireless technology 802.11n,ac 802.11x
- Familiar with Policy manager tools.
- In depth understanding of VLAN networking.
A DMV H6 printout is required with application (must be current within the 30 days of the printout).
Application-Apply online at www.lbtransit.com/jobs. Online applications must include past work history and be fully completed to be considered. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a complete online application.
Candidate must be eligible to work in the United States. Long Beach Transit does not sponsor H1B or other related work visas.
WAGE BAND - Hiring range (Based on Experience): $75,000.00 to $84,515.00 Annual (DOQ), with excellent fringe benefits. Submit resume. APPLY ONLINE, (H-6 DMV printout within 30 Days UPON REQUEST).
Equal Opportunity Employer
Successful candidate must pass company physical, drug and alcohol test.
Long Beach Transit 1963 E. Anaheim Street, Long Beach, California 90813
This job description is not intended to be a complete listing of all the job duties required of this position, but to provide information on the general scope of the position.