Under the direction of the Executive Director/VP, Maintenance and Infrastructure; and the guidance of the Manager, Facilities and Infrastructure; the Project Engineer develops and implements critical infrastructure projects for Long Beach Transit (LBT). The Project Engineer establishes cost estimates; writes Scopes of Work; evaluates proposals and makes recommendations; and manages contractor deliverables. The Project Engineer works cross-departmentally with key departments and units, such as Transit Service Delivery and Planning; the Manager, Transit Customer Amenities; Regulatory Compliance and Civil Rights Officer; as well as externally with municipalities and partner agencies, delving into projects to enhance safety and service quality, as well as enhance the customer experience.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Plans, manages and finalizes projects in accordance with commercial, technical, and regulatory specifications
• Maintains involvement at all stages of a project life cycle
• Develops conceptual facility plans and scoping documents in support of approval and procurement processes
• Manages detailed facility design plans
• Manages third-party professional services consultants
• Manages and facilitates design modifications and obtains necessary approval for contract change orders
• Defines typical building systems, construction methods, equipment and materials, and the ability to define scopes of work and oversee new construction, remodel and tenant improvement projects
• Establishes, maintains, implements, and audits cost and schedule management activities to ensure project conformance with requirements
• Coordinates final design plans and specification, recommends appropriate construction delivery method, establishes bidding requirements and technical procurement documents
• Establishes criteria for evaluating qualified vendors for professional services and construction contractors
• Manages construction and renovation projects including quality assurance, delivery schedules, contract construction costs and vendor coordination
• Ensures accurate management of project documents, closeout and commissioning
• Ensures accurate asset management and documentation of warrantees and other assets in the appropriate system
• Takes action to correct and/or report unsafe conditions or actions to the Safety Officer; ensures that personal protective equipment is worn when necessary; investigates and reports all accidents and incidents, and issues warnings per disciplinary procedures for violations of company health and safety procedures
• Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The following requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ATTRIBUTES AND SKILL SETS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Minimum of five years of increasing responsible experience in facilities engineering and construction or a related field.
Apply online at ridelbt.com/careers. Online applications must include past work history and be fully completed to be considered. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a complete on-line application.
A DMV driving record printout is required with application (must be current within the 30 days of the printout).
Candidate must be eligible to work in the United States. Long Beach Transit does not sponsor H-1B or other related work visas.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Successful candidate must pass agency physical, drug and alcohol examinations.
Long Beach Transit, 1963 E. Anaheim St., Long Beach, California 90813
This job description is not intended to be a complete listing of all the job duties required of this position, but to provide information on the general scope of the position.